Private and confidential Online Counselling. Short and longer-term individual therapy and couples counselling for a range of issues.
No judgement or blame: had we experienced what you did we would feel just the same. This is our philosophy.
We have a team of expert Psychologists who can provide online counselling, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy online (CBT online), among other approaches. See an online psychologist with no wait time.
Book a 15min FREE phone consultation with an expert therapist today.
COVID-19 notice: Online Therapy & Counselling now offered for continued care
What is Online Counselling?
- Online counselling involves having therapy with a trained psychologist.
- Each session usually lasts 50 minutes, via either telephone or video link using software such as Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Facetime etc.
- Counselling works in exactly the same way as face-to-face therapy but it is just carried out online
- At Therapy Central you have the option of having online counselling sessions on the same day and time each week. Positively, online counselling can be flexible and you can choose a day and time each week to have a session that suits you and your therapist will try to accommodate this as far as possible.
- Online Counselling has been happening for some time now and growing in popularity, long before COVID-19 entered the scene.
- Online Counselling can help with depression, anxiety issues, relationship and couples issues, anger management, bereavement and many other types of problems you might be facing.
Is Online Counselling Effective?
If you are concerned that counselling won’t be effective if you cannot see your therapist face-to-face. This isn’t the case!
- Several studies have shown online counselling to be just as effective as face-to-face therapy.
- Some studies have even demonstrated online counselling to be more effective than face-to-face therapy, with progress being maintained over a more extended period.
- If you are worried that your bond with your therapist will not be as strong, studies show that there is no difference in the therapeutic relationship between therapist and client, whether therapy is face-to-face or online.
- In some cases, individuals rated online counselling as more “personal” than individuals who saw therapists face-to-face.
Online Counselling: Is It Safe?
It can be a minefield out there trying to get your head around all the different terms for therapists and knowing if they have the right level of education, qualification, experience and expertise to help you.
- At Therapy Central, we have a team of highly qualified and experienced Clinical and Counselling Psychologists who have been thoroughly vetted. Hence, you are in safe hands if you decide to receive online therapy in our service! Feel free to take a look at our team.
- Some people can be concerned about privacy issues with regards to online counselling. At Therapy Central, we avoid modes of online communication that have privacy issues, and we suggest options that are more privacy compliant.
- We’ll always check in with you about the communication tool you feel most comfortable using.
- Maintaining safety, confidentiality, and anonymity is part of our ethical and professional values. Enshrined in the BPS and HCPC codes of conducts. These are the professional bodies regulating our practice.
Benefits of Online Counselling
There are several benefits to online counselling, some of which make it superior to face-to-face therapy:
- More Convenient: You save time and money by not having to travel to meet your therapist.
- More Flexible: You can choose from having regular sessions on the same day and time each week/fortnightly. Alternatively, you can choose from a list of available therapy slots that your therapist has each week/fortnight.
- More Comfortable: Some people find that they feel more comfortable opening up when having therapy or counselling online.
- Avoid Long Wait Times: When seeking help via the NHS, there can be very long waiting times for therapy, often at least a year. At present, many NHS services are not prepared for remote working. In addition to increased demand upon their services during this stressful period, the wait time for therapy is likely to increase. At Therapy Central, we have numerous available therapy slots where you can see a therapist online immediately.
- Private Healthcare Insurance Covered: With the COVID-19 Pandemic, more and more private healthcare insurance providers are approving sessions via video-link (online therapy). If you are covered by insurances such as AXA PPP, VitalityHealth, Cigna, WPA and more, you’ll likely be able to use your membership to cover the cost of therapy or counselling online.
What can Online Counselling help with?
How much does Online Counselling Cost?
|Fees for sessions||Fee|
|A 15 Minute initial Phone consultation with a therapist||FREE|
|Psychological Therapy/Counselling (Self-funded)||£95|
|Couples Therapy/Family Therapy||£115|
|Psychological Therapy/Counselling with trainee therapist||£55|
|Concessions for students/low income/NHS Workers||£60|
|Insurance cover by AXA, AVIVA, CIGNA US/UK, WPA and Vitality||Variable|
Book Online Counselling today
- At Therapy Central, we have a team of expert Psychologists who can provide online counselling, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy online (CBT online), among other approaches. See an online psychologist with no wait time.
- Book with a therapist or request a free 15 minutes phone consultation with one of our clinical directors