What we do
We believe that psychological and emotional difficulties are often our response to the challenges we face every day. Whether you are experiencing depression or low mood, anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Trauma, relationship and couples issues, work stress, or other psychological and emotional issues, we know that there is a good reason to feel that way, and an even better one to change it.
At our practice near Oxford Circus (W1W), we have a team of experienced and qualified therapists and counsellors who provide psychotherapy, counselling, CBT Therapy and coaching to support individuals, of all ages, experiencing a range of issues including the following (click on an issue to learn more about it):
- We offer counselling and psychotherapy on a short, medium, and long-term basis, available face-to-face and via video link (online).
- We use CBT Therapy, Psychodynamic, Humanistic and integrative evidence-based approaches.
- We provide individual, couples, and family therapy to suit diverse needs.
- We aim to offer you sessions as soon as possible with no or a very short wait time.
- We are highly flexible, offering therapy slots 7 days per week from 8am until 10pm.
- Therapy Central is based in the heart of London (50 Great Portland Street, Oxford Circus, W1W) and is easily reachable by public transport.
- We understand that therapy can be a daunting prospect, therefore we have created comfortable rooms with a relaxing atmosphere.
- We provide a confidential service and our warm and compassionate therapists endeavour to put you at ease.
How we see it
The way we cope with challenges, including how we think and act, is often influenced by our previous experiences. These ways of coping may have been helpful when they were first developed but some may no longer be as helpful when dealing with current challenges, and here is where problems mostly arise. We aim to help you to explore and gain insight into this to normalise your difficulties. This can be empowering, particularly as it can allow you to let go of self-criticism around your difficulties and appreciate yourself more. We also aim to help you to find ways to address patterns that you may fall into and help you to find additional helpful ways of coping in order to bring positive change, ultimately leading to a more fulfilling life.
Despite the emotional struggle it is likely that you have found, in the present or the past, helpful ways to manage such challenges and we hope to help you harness this.
Also at the centre of our philosophy is that each individual is unique. Although we respect that some find a mental health label helpful, we do not feel that individuals’ difficulties can necessarily fit into a ‘box’. During our therapeutic work we do not let labels affect us getting to know you as a unique individual and human, with your own strengths and resources. We strongly believe that individuals are the experts of their experiences and together, with our knowledge and experience of psychological approaches and emotional difficulties, we aim to work collaboratively with individuals to explore and manage their difficulties. Additionally, we are warm, compassionate and down-to-earth people who aim to put you at ease during your therapy journey. This helps us to establish strong therapeutic bonds which is imperative to a positive therapy experience and dramatically increases the effectiveness of therapy.